The School of Nursing Convocation and Awards Ceremony honoring undergraduate, certificate and graduate students will take place on Friday, June 14, 2013 in Meany Theater.
- Confirm with DNP and PhD advisees that they will be participating in the Convocation ceremony.
- Contact Laura Mason (email@example.com) to let her know that you will be participating in the Convocation ceremony.
- To order regalia, you must place an order online through the UW's Commencement website. Orders for regalia MUST be placed no later than May 11, 2014. Any questions or concerns about the regalia orders should be directed to the Office of Ceremonies: (206) 543-2592, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regalia will be available to pick up from the University Book Store June 2 - 7 during normal book store hours.
- Inspect your regalia when you pick it up! If your regalia does not fit or has parts missing, contact the Office of Ceremonies IMMEDIATELY.
Faculty and the Dean's Party arrive in the Studio Theatre lobby at 8:45am. Plan to arrive in academic apparel since there will be no dressing rooms available. To find the Studio Theatre, head to the left side of the building as you face the main theater doors. Only graduates and faculty will be allowed in the Studio Theater (NO guests). The main doors to Meany Theater will also open at 9:00am for family and friends. The processional will begin at 9:30am.
The faculty will stand on the stairs to the left entrance of the theater and applaud as graduates pass through to enter the Theater. Faculty members enter two by two in the processional after the graduates. The dean will proceed to the stage last - after faculty members have ascended the stage - and will proceed directly to the podium. Faculty members remain standing until the dean states, "You may be seated." If your doctoral advisee is graduating, plan to be a part of the Dean's Party and step to the front of the stage to hood your advisee as the graduate's name and capstone or dissertation title are announced.
Faculty members leave the stage first during the recessional.
Information on where to return regalia will be posted at http://www.washington.edu/graduation/faculty-marshals.