To ensure that nursing students have adequate access to required courses, the School carefully plans and sets enrollment limits for each course offering. Enrollment limits are set by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in consultation with the Chair(s). Course enrollment limits may not be changed unless approved in writing by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and department Chair(s). Faculty members wishing to request enrollment limit changes for an all-School or degree program core course should consult with the Chair(s) who oversee(s) the course.
If the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Chair(s) approve(s) an enrollment limit change to an all-School or degree program core course:
- The faculty member is responsible for submitting the change request in writing via email to the appropriate department curriculum representative with a copy to the Chair(s)
- The curriculum representative will:
- Update enrollment projections in departmental records and notify the Chair(s)
- Department administrator(s) that the change is complete and,
- Send a request to Time Schedule Coordinator in Student and Academic Services to have the change implemented
- Time Schedule Coordinator in Student and Academic Services will
- Update the time schedule with the requested change,
- Request a new classroom if necessary, and
- Notify the department curriculum representative once the change is published in the time schedule.
Created July 2013
Student and Academic Services Memo No. 46