Academic Services Memorandum No. 42
By approval of Deans & Chairs and due to the following considerations, GNM students may not enroll in courses with a prefix of NCLIN.
- NCLIN courses consume considerable resources, including:
- Time and effort to assure students are compliant with University and School requirements:
- HIPAA training (account required)
- Immunizations (fee required)
- OSHA Hazards Management training
- CPR training
- an active, unrestricted WA state RN License
- Time and effort to assure students are compliant with site requirements
- Establishment and maintenance of affiliation agreements with sites
- Database management to track and coordinate placements
- Maintenance of relationships with sites/preceptors, including single School of Nursing point of contact
- Time and effort to schedule and prepare for instruction of students in the Learning Lab
- Prevalence of non-sequential enrollment prevents completion of compliance requirements and completion of a clinical rotation in the same quarter.
- Limited space at sites demands that the School prioritize matriculated students for those spaces.