Technology Innovations in Education and Research (TIER) is the School of Nursing's technology support and development unit. TIER provides services to School of Nursing faculty, staff and students, as well as global and health sciences partners.
TIER's services include:
- TIER Support maintains a helpdesk available for SON employees using equipment purchased with UW funds and sponsored grants. The helpdesk assists with installing and troubleshooting computer hardware, software and connectivity, as well as some peripheral devices. TIER Support can also provide hardware evaluation and recommendations.
- TIER Infrastructure Services provides a set of core infrastructure services that act as the backbone for the School of Nursing’s core technology services, including systems authentication and security, network file storage, web, video and database hosting, network troubleshooting and infrastructure backups and disaster recovery.
- TIER Database and Web Development provides a variety of business automation and data management services designed to support and enhance the various business, academic, and research functions of the School of Nursing. These services include project consultation, systems analysis & requirements development, database and applications development & maintenance, systems integration and software project management. SON web services fall into three major categories: course web sites, School (including departmental or project) web sites, and custom project work.
- TIER Interactive Media provides a variety of video/audio recording, digitization and delivery services, primarily in support of the School's distance learning initiatives. The group also supports a robust web conferencing platform for web-based, virtual classrooms, and provides custom multimedia application services.
- TIER Distance Learning offers training to faculty and staff in the use of the distance learning technologies Moodle and Connect Pro. Training sessions include discussion of course design and active learning in an online environment. Consultation on instructional design for grant funded projects, programs and courses is also available.