Paperwork to Complete
For Fall Quarter paperwork is due to the VA by 3pm, July 24th. Submit paperwork to your clinical instructor. Please carefully read the VA Instructions, and type all paperwork:
- Fingerprint Prep Sheet
- Service Line/Department: Nursing
- Job Title: WOC Student Nurse
- Status: WOC w/letter
- Start Date: Leave blank
- Application for Health Professions Trainees (VA form 10-2850D)
- Declaration for Federal Employment (Form 306)
- Clinical Trainee Registration Form
- TMS Certificate of Completion
- PIV ID Proofing Criteria
- All nursing students are required to complete VA Mandatory Training for Trainees (MTT) prior to clinical rotation. Trainees must self-enroll in Talent Management System (TMS) in order to complete this required training: https://www.tms.va.gov
- You MUST follow the directions on how to self-enroll in TMS or you risk serious delay in regards to your onboarding process. Self-enroll by creating your TMS profile at the above link. Once you are on the TMS website, follow the steps listed on pages 2-3 to create your profile to launch the mandatory training course. Complete the content and print the Certificate of Completion. Return your certificate to your instructor with your other paperwork
Your instructor our course coordinator will email you the attachment "How do I make my first and second fingerprint appointment"
You will need to self-schedule your own 1st and 2nd appointment. All appointments are Mandatory. You will also need a 3rd computer training appointment. This will be a grouped appointment, Your clinical instructor/course coordinator will announce the group date of your 3rd appointment, This is also mandatory.
TO DO LIST FOR BADGING AND FINGERPRINTING:
1. Please refer to the PDF file ( sent by your clinical instructor/course coordinator) to self-reserve your 1st FP and 2nd badge appointments. Report to your appointment date/time on time
2. Please do not wait until the start of the quarter to act, please plan ahead, and act now as the schedule fill up fairly quick!!!
3. Please notify your instrutor/course coordinator the date of your 2nd badge appointment: THIS STEP helps your CPC to estimate a date and make arrangement for 3rd computer access training as a group before your clinical rotation starts.
4. If students waits until the last minute to schedule their 1st fingerprinting and 2nd badging appointment, they will be at risk to delay their clinical rotation.
- Directions to the VA
Besides parking at Fed Center South (map and schedule attached), there is now another option to take the shuttle from UW D wing (map and schedule attached). The schedule for both Fed Center South shuttle and VA-UW shuttle are ideal for day shift. For students who come during evening shift, they may park in the hospital lot E after 2:30PM. For evening shift, the best way is to suggest students car pool so they are in and out around the same time with company for safety purpose.
- This training is required for all new students and new trainees to the VA, and is in addition to the certificate that is currently required.
- Special note: All male students ages 18 to 27 with permanent resident status must show proof of registration for military duty.
- The VA does NOT require a copy of the Clinical Passport.
- If you are not a US Citizen, you cannot have a clinical placement at the VA. Please contact Jenn Rathe firstname.lastname@example.org in Academic Services.
Please contact your clinical instructor.
For Instructors Only
Contact Yvonne Lin to arrange badge, photo, and orientation date and time:
Yvonne Lin RN, MN
Nurse Educator/Sim Lab
Center for Education and Development
VA Puget Sound Health Care System
Phone: (206) 277-4504
New Faculty will also be required to complete VETPRO, an additional credentialing for licensed personnel.
*Please note: If you have new instructors, please contact email@example.com as the Application Form and TMS online training requirements are different for the new instructors.
- Name of new faculty
- Letter of Reference/Verification from the Nursing Program
- Current BLS card
- Copy of their transcripts
Once this information has been received, instructors will receive online access to complete VETPRO.
Please note: Faculty are also required to enroll in TMS and complete VHA Mandatory Training in addition the VETPRO process and should select WOC instead of Health Trainee.
- Non-citizen students will require a memo (submitted through my office) that requires signature by the facility director. Noncitizen students must have proper ID (current visa, passport, green card, etc.).
- VAPSHCS is now requiring all nursing students complete the Learner’s Perception Survey. This survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete and will provide feedback regarding learner’s needs, curriculum, learner’s experience at our facility etc. Yvonne Lin hands out reminder cards to each clinical group when they come for badging orientation. I have also included the link below.
Students can access from home however to ensure compliance please have clinical instructors have students complete on their day of clinical A suggestion would be to have students complete on their last clinical day (before they lose computer privilegesJ) at post conference.