Resources for working with older adults and caregivers from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Information about cultural beliefs, medical issues and related topics pertinent to the health care of immigrants, many of whom are refugees fleeing war-torn parts of the world
- Resources on health issues affecting older adults located under 'Patient Education'
Resources from the Administration on Aging and the US Dept of Health and Human Services on preparing for long term care including links to tools and other resources
- Education resources for health sciences students, health care and social service professionals working with older adults
- Resources include online videos, continuing education opportunities, and a self study module on health literacy.
- The Federal agency responsible for increasing access to community supports
- Resources on the unique needs of older Americans and people with disabilities across the lifespan
Resources for older adults including finding local programs, information on benefits, Medicare, online and print resources and long term care
Resources on best practices in working with older adults
Resources from the Civic Partnership including tools, best practices, and guidance for communities to support aging well
Health and medical resources pertinent to the American Indian population
Resources to increase public awareness of the health concerns of minority groups
Information for older adults/caregivers, publications, toolkits, prevention and health promotion, caregiving, emergency preparedness, health disparities, mental health and aging, and resources/programs by state
Resources for patients and professionals including newsletters and updates on programs that have undergone the Older Americans Act Title IIID submission process
The purpose of this blog is to increase awareness of the impact of culture on health and to support health care providers and students in their efforts to provide culturally sensitive and appropriate health care.
Quick links to resources for Cognitive/Mental Health, Diversity in Aging, End of Life Care, Mobile Resources, Technology and Aging, and National Geriatric Organizations