Students who enter and of the following programs must complete a 3 quater-credit basic course in descriptive and inferential statistics with a grade of 2.0 or above:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
- Master of Nursing (MN)
- Master of Science (MS)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Effective for 2014 admissions and beyond, DNP applicants who are offered admission into the program must complete this statistics course within 5 years of matriculating into the program.
Approved Course List
If you have completed a statistics course and are unsure if it meets our admission criteria, please check our list of approved statistics courses from the U.S. and abroad: Approved Statistics Courses by Country/U.S. State
If the course you took does not appear on our listings, we may not have reviewed it yet. If you would like us to review your statistics course, submit the following information with your application:
- Name, course number, number of credits, and title of the course
- Name of institution where course was completed
- Full description of the course (you may be asked to provide a copy of the syllabus)
If you submit this information separately from your application, please include your name, phone number, and email address at the top of each page.
If you would like a compact review of basic statistics, including online tutorials and exercises for using Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS), visit the following website: Psychology Department at University of Toronto