Paperwork to Complete - 6 weeks before your rotation submit paperwork to your clinical instructor. Please carefully read the VA Instructions. ( Please type all paperwork).
1. FINGER PRINT PREP SHEET
2. APPLICATION FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONS TRAINEES (VA form 10-2850D)
3. Declaration for federal employment (Form 306)
4 CLINICAL TRAINEE REGISTRATION FORM
** you will recieve an email from Academic Services that will include the most recent paperwork attachments, after we receive your clinical placement confirmation from your Clinical Placement Coordinator.
Additional Information/Computer Training Information
1. All nursing students are required to complete VA Mandatory Training for Trainees (MTT) prior to clinical rotation. Trainees must self-enroll in Talent Management System (TMS) in order to complete this required training. Please see attached instruction below. Once completed, students will scan the certificates in PDF format and email to: Charmayne Anderson Charmayne.Anderson@va.gov 72 hours prior to your fingerprint appointment. DO NOT fax.
Instruction of how to self-enroll in TMS to complete MTT online trainings: VA MSE-TMS INSTRUCTIONS TEMPLATE for Health Professions Trainees-Nursing students
2. Badging process requires two scheduled appointments (schedules) with our VAPSHCS Human Resource office:
Email your Clinical Placement coordinator in regards to your 1st appointment for your clinical. You are required to bring two forms of IDs (Picture ID and Non-Picture ID). Please refer to the email attachment: PIV ID Proofing Criteria. Please note ID must be current, non-expired, and match information on WOC form.
Human Resource staff will schedule a date for the 2nd appointment 2nd appointment will be scheduled as a group in which students will have their photo taken and pick up badge.
5. Once you are fingerprinted, please follow up with Tracye Wilson (email@example.com) to schedule a date and time for computer access training.
Please contact Jenn Rathe in Academic Services firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-221-2457.
Returning Students/Employee's at VA
Please email Charmayne Anderson at the VA for onboarding requirements; Charmayne will need to meet with you prior to your rotation to review objectives. You will be required to work outside of your normal hours and outside of your unit. Charmayne.Anderson@va.gov
Jenn Rathe will send in your WOC form to reactivate your badge and TMS account.