Pre-Requisites for clinical rotation(s): Graduate Students
Every student enrolled in the UW School of Nursing program (BSN, ABSN, MN, DNP, PhD, GNM, Certificates) must meet School of Nursing compliance requirements prior to the start of the program and throughout enrollment. Several requirements have annual or biennial expiration dates, including immunizations, CPR card, background check, and RN licensure (if applicable). Students must meet all clinical agency requirements; site requirements vary and may include fingerprinting, drug screening, evidence of military draft registration are some examples of agency requirements. It is your responsibility to maintain, renew, and update each requirement by the expiration date and to keep copies of each in your personal records off-campus. Each item listed MUST BE completed and/or reviewed prior to beginning your clinical, or at the time designated by the site. Failure to do so may cancel your clinical placement. Attending orientations and completing required paperwork on time ensures that the UW School of Nursing maintains positive relationships with the agencies that provide your clinical experiences!
- Completion and submission of compliance forms. Completed compliance forms need to be submitted to the compliance specialist in Academic Services. It is your responsibility to maintain, renew, and update each requirement by the expiration date and to keep copies of each in your personal records off-campus. Failure to meet this requirement will result in failure of the course and your subsequent inability to begin/continue in the program for one calendar year. Please review the compliance policy located here: http://nursing.uw.edu/academic-services/policies/current-student-complia...
- Clinical Site Orientation. Mastery of the content knowledge provided in your clinical site orientation by the listed time and date. This is a requirement for meeting your clinical course objectives. Failure to meet this requirement will result in failure of the course and your subsequent inability to begin/continue in the program for one calendar year.
- Completion and submission of required Site forms. Completed forms must be returned according to the timeline indicated in the site links below. CHECK THE REQUIRED DEADLINE FOR EACH SITE, as some sites require forms to be submitted six weeks in advance.
- Students are required to dress in their student uniform to clinical sites at all times. Please review the policy on dress code here: http://nursing.uw.edu/academic-services/degree-programs/bsn/uniforms.html. Some clinical sites may have stricter policies so you should also check with the site itself.
- Review Memorandum 41 if you are currently employed by a site you will also attend for a clinical rotation.
- Students enrolled in clinical courses: Some Clinical sites ( Evergreen Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center, Highline, Providence Olympia, Virginia Mason Medical Center) require the School of Nursing to send verification of your compliance status (including your immunizations history) quarterly by submitting the Clinical Passport. If any of your compliance items have lapsed or are outstanding, you will not be allowed on-site. Please email Ky Pham if you are enrolled in a clinical site that requires the clinical passport at email@example.com.
- Students and UW Nursing faculty/instructors entering clinical sites for observation purposes, site visits, data collection, research projects, etc. must meet the clinical agencies compliance requirements in addition to the School of Nursing requirements. Questions about student compliance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any trouble downloading or printing the forms or have general questions about this information, contact Jenn Rathe in Academic Services at email@example.com or (206) 221-2457.
If the name of your site is not listed below, contact your preceptor or clinical placement coordinator ( CPC) to make sure you meet all of their requirements prior to the start of your rotation.
A - C
D - G
H - L
M - P
R - T
U - Y